Tuesday 22 September 2009

Future of Hip Hop finally in good hands?


When will hip hop be.... is the question I have been asking for some time, with the MC's I am listening to at the moment it seems that we are getting there. As hip hop is my favourite genre it feels good to see the industry slowly making its way back to the creme of the early nineties aka the golden era of hip hop.

Some may disagree if you do leave a comment.

Was listening to last Fm this morning and discovered J Cole who hails from Carolina, but moved to New York to advance his hip hop career.

His style is reminiscent of Tupac, his flow is continous like a battle rhymer and his timing is impeccable.

I checked out his new Mix tape "the warm up" and listened tracks called "Get up" and "Grown Simba".

All I have to say is it looks like Drizzy Drake has some real competition.




0 comments:

Post a Comment